Step 3 : Modularized M/M/n Model
What is Atomic Module?
Atomic Module is a module which does not include sub-modules, constituted by “Three Elements” only.
- Any module is instantiated as an independent model, but initial event must be defined, otherwise there is no running effect.
- If a module is used to in a higher level model (rather than instantiated as an individual model), initial event will not be executed.
Input Event vs. Output Event
- Input Event: event acquisition method, is used to acquire internal event based on parameters. Executing returning event will trigger a series of internal events and dynamic parameter change;
- Output Event: empty list of event acquisition method, is used to add event acquisition method which conform with format, will be called and executed by internal event.
Generator, Queueing & Server
- Based on formula of M/M/n (n=2) to calculate theoretical value, LQ = 7.67, Service Utility = 0.9
- Run 10 replications and calculate the average of “Avg. Q Length” and “Server Util”
- The result of replications: LQ = 7.59, Service Utility = 0.9
- The result of replications matches the theoretical value